Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Short Film: Websites and Socials


       The next step in the creation of our short film was to set up our media. This included making a instagram, twitter, facebook, and youtube. Setting up these socials was either really easy, or rather difficult. Sometimes setting up the same username for each of these things was difficult since there may already be users with that name. However, we ended up figuring it out and getting the proper usernames. Facebook in particular gave us some issues. It would not let us make the main name for the account "Perception Film." This made us have to think of different ways to connect our facebook to the movie. We thought about making the name Salem Grace. Salem and Grace are names of two of the characters in our movie so it would still relate. Eventually we figured it out and were able to get our Facebook to work out!

      The hardest part of setting up our media was creating the website. The website was tricky to navigate at first because I had never made a website before. I spent my first day working on it not making much progress. I could not figure out how to link the social accounts to our website. I also signed up with the incorrect email so my website name was incorrect. Luckily by my second day of working on it, everything started to come together. I created an email for the film which fixed my website name problem. I also learned how to correctly link each individual social app directly to our website! Overall, this was a tricky process but I am very pleased with the end result. 

No comments:

Post a Comment