Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Short Film: Copyright and more


       When I first started researching for music, I made sure everything was non copyright and free to use. I did this by going onto websites, using google, and youtube. While I thought I had found the perfect song, once the movie was edited all the way through, I realized we could do better. I began searching again. I used the same tactics. This time around, it was a little bit more tricky. I had found one that was really great! It said "free to use" so we figured everything was okay. After putting that music into our movie, I thought I should double check before making anything final. When I checked again the creator of the song said "Free to use, but it does have copyright." We all thought this was a little confusing so I reached out and asked if it was ok for me to use it in my short film for school. The person responded and said yes it is fine but it still may come up as a copyright. After thinking over it and discussing the matter with my group mates, we decided on scratching that song. Luckily, we found the perfect song right away! This one is completely copyright free and free to use wherever! After placing this song in our movie we felt it really pulled it all together.

      I used this same method for finding sound affects. I had never actually used sound affects in any of my previous projects. I thought the best way to go about this was to look on youtube. I searched in "non copyright breaking glass sound affect." After looking through only three videos, I found the one. I added it in to make sure it fit the movie, and it did! The other sound affect needed was people arguing in the background. This is for Grace's character who deals with fighting parents who are abusive towards each other. This took looking through several videos. It kept giving me fighting sound affects rather than people arguing. After searching for a bit, I finally found the right one and added it in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment