Thursday, January 16, 2020

Start of Final Task

      Hi blog! Its me Savanna! This is my first time blogging since 2019 so I think it’s time for a recap on my life and what I’ve learned so far this school year. I am starting the new year back at school with all my friends. I am very excited to start our newest project in my media studies class. We are going to be filming the first two minutes of a movie, however, the movie has to be an original! I am actually very excited about this and I am excited to work with Haylie and Kelly. I am very happy that this class has brought me a couple close friends. This will be the final project that we will get to work on together (this school year has been going by so fast). The past few classes we have been brainstorming ideas for what we want our movie to be about. I am really enjoying the fact that this project is allowing me to be creative.
       This school year I have learned a lot about the ways things like lighting, music, and camera angles affect a scene. One of the many things I have learned this year is how to storyboard. Storyboarding is much more important than I ever would have imagined. It is how my group mates and I plan each and every one of our scenes or shots to ensure on the day of filming, the footage turns out almost exactly how it was envisioned. I have also learned a lot about camera shots and camera movements. Before coming into this class, I did not realize how much those two aspects of filming mattered. I am excited to use some of the really cool shots I have learned about, like a point of view shot or an eye line match. This will also be the third project we are doing this year so I am feeling a little bit more confident. The editing part is always my favorite! I continue to learn more about editing and cutting the scenes as time goes by. I am excited to use all of the material I have learned so far in my project.
      The word pitch is a Hollywood term to describe an idea where a film is Encapsulated and 25 words or less. A pitch is usually one sentence. For this project we needed to come up with three pictures and then choose one of them. The first pitch we came up with is a woman undercover discovers some major news on an impactful person. This second pitch idea we came up with is Two people are racing on the beach when they stumble upon a message in a bottle, inside is a map that leads to an unknown destination. The final pitch idea that we came up with was someone running away from authority after stealing and item from a shopping mall.





No comments:

Post a Comment