Thursday, December 17, 2020

Short Film: Day 2 of editing


       The next step of editing was to start going through the clips. When filming, we took three separate shots of the same scene. Since we did that my group and I had to go through all of the footage and choose which one of the shots we would use in our film. It’s good to film the same scene a few times just in case something happened in the first recording. While going through the footage, I figured out a method that could help me better put the movie together. I put all of Sophia‘s scenes in one photo album. I did this same thing for me and Lauren’s scenes. Once I did that, it was time to look at the storyboard for reference. Most things stayed according to the storyboard. This helps the editing process because the whole layout of how we want our film to look is already planned out. 

      I started with the very beginning. These were the outside scenes. We decided on doing a mini montage of the girls enjoying their day for the opening scene. This would introduce the characters and the idea that their lives are happy from the outside. Editing the montage was a little bit tricky only because we wanted everything to be perfect and precise. That means that the clips needed to flow end seem almost dreamy. The idea for these scenes was to emphasize on the fact that the girls seem like they have perfect lives. Their struggles are only revealed when they enter their homes. This part needed music to really create the mood of the scene. Adding music will help the audience feel the things we want them to be feeling throughout certain parts of our movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment