Friday, December 18, 2020

Short Film: Editing day 3


       I started to get a gist of our movie so far through the editing process. Today I started by putting all of the footage into chronological order. When I say footage, I mean the shots that my group and I decided were the best out of all takes. Once the footage has been put in chronological order, it is time to cut each video. The cutting process can take a very long time. For this project, cutting the scenes wasn’t too bad.  However, I did encounter some challenges. One of the challenges I faced was trying to make sure all of the shots that were supposed to happen simultaneously flowed smoothly together. Sometimes getting different shots to align perfectly takes tedious work. Eventually, the shots came together and flowed smoothly. 

      The editing stage is also where you can see which scenes are needed and which scenes aren’t. While editing, I noticed our film was too long. Because it was too long, I had to go back and review every scene to see which ones were absolutely necessary and which ones could be removed. There were a few scenes near the beginning of the film that I had to cut out. Although, originally those scenes seemed like a good idea, they are not necessities. The scenes in the beginning were apart of the montage. I made the montage shorter but still kept it in. This will allow the audience to still see the girls being happy together but also allow more time for the in depth looks into their lives throughout the rest of the film. The one thing about editing is that it takes a very long time. Although it is very time consuming, I still really enjoy the editing process! 

No comments:

Post a Comment