Monday, November 25, 2019

The Start of Filming

      This weekend was the first weekend I could have started filming with my group. The project we are filming for right now is the music video. Part of the reason we did not film is because we could not get a camera. Since there are so many other groups trying to get a camera, everyone has to take turns so my group mates and I decided to get a camera the second round. It also would have been a hassle to get a tripod if we needed one at that exact time. I figured it’d be better if we waited to film since we were underprepared anyway. I would rather my group and I perfect our planning and know exactly what we are going to be doing for our scenes rather than have the camera but not know what to record. Without extra planning, the footage may not have made sense. My group mates were also still adding onto previous ideas so it would not have made sense to film this past weekend. Now we can start filming this coming weekend because we have our music video planned out in detail and a solid schedule.
      Another reason we could not film this weekend is because none of us had access to a vehicle where we could film. Since we did not have access to a vehicle we also could not get a ride to all of the separate locations. Part of the problem is that my group mates and I all live pretty far from each other. To start filming on such short notice was going to be too difficult to correlate. Now that we have planned for filming next weekend, all of our transportation is taken care of. We also have the times and places we are going to meet up are taken care of as well. One of my group mates had tutoring after school on Friday. Another one of my group mates had a family even planned on Saturday so we could not film that day. Finally, I had a test to study for on Sunday so we would not be able to film on that day either. Overall, it is better that we waited to film because now there is a set plan.
      Since we did not actually record any footage, each of us separately looked for ideas on how we were going to edit the music video. I thought it’d be good to prepare for the editing stage of this project. Taking time to play with editing tools helped introduce new ideas for this project. Another thing my groupmates and I did was get each prop and our costumes. I got these shopping bags that we will be using for the scenes around the mall. I also set up my beach outfit. I will be wearing trendy clothes for the scenes in the mall in the car. In both the car and mall scenes I will be wearing the same outfit. Although it would have been nice to film this past weekend, I think in the end it is better that we waited. This weekend we plan on getting all of our seams done. Because we will have all of our footage by the end of the weekend, that will leave my group and I five days to edit and complete our music video. I am very excited to film and edit!

No comments:

Post a Comment