Thursday, February 20, 2020

Filming: rain check

      This past weekend was the start of filming. However, my group mates and I could not film because it was raining. Everyone in the group lives spread out from each other and traveling in the rain was not an ideal situation. We decided to reschedule our filming plans to a later date. Meanwhile, I used that time to finalize the costumes and make up that will be used in the film. I began by analyzing the shooting script again. I also looked at the storyboard to visualize each scene. I reread the script a few times and looked at the storyboard as I did so. I did this so I could fully envision how I want the movie will look once it is filmed. My main focus was trying to finalize details.
      Make-up is an important element of a movie and it’s characters. The first character introduced is the lead of the movie. She will have a natural look on the eye with some highlighter to make certain parts of her face glow more on camera. I thought it would be best fitting for her to have red lipstick because her character is someone that is powerful and determined. The receptionist will have a natural look as well because her character is supposed to appear as an average worker. The last character, the second woman to enter the room, will have pink tinted undertones in her make-up and will have a gloss on her lip. Since the scenes this character are in are in a dimmer setting, she needs  different tones in her make-up. The pink tones are to add more color to her face so on camera all of her features are still defined. Although, my team and I could not start filming this weekend, the time was still spent wisely. The details of a character are important to the way a movie looks and the way the movie will make the audience feel.



No comments:

Post a Comment