Thursday, February 27, 2020

Filming: Getting the job done

      Earlier this week, we filmed all scenes of our movie! We started with the outside scenes and then continued the rest of the film inside. Straight after school, we left to go to our filming location. We arrived at about 3:30 pm. Once we got there, we headed to the bathrooms to change into costume. I brought all of the things my character needed. I had red lipstick, a black dress, and a long sleeve coverup. My group mate brought me some fancy, black sunglasses to wear also. Everyone had gotten into costume and then we began to film. We started with the outside scenes. The very first shot of our film took a little while to get right. I had envisioned the shot in a special way so I had to demonstrate and explain the shot to my team member recording the scene. After a few tries we got it perfect!
      The next section of filming was all going to be shot indoors. The location we chose to film at had a receptionist area with a desk set up. This was a big part of why we chose to film in the location. For safety measures, we asked permission to use the desk area for our film before hand. Filming the receptionist scene was harder than I expected because people were talking on the background or you could hear construction going on. Because of those things, the shots took a lot longer to film. We eventually got the footage we needed and moved to a different room for filming. This room is where we shot the rest of the film. Everything went much smoother form here on. It was really interesting to see how much work goes into directing and acting, along with making sure every shot does it’s purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment