Friday, April 3, 2020

Editing: New obstacles

     Hello blog! It has been a few days since I’ve last updated you. Since we’ve last spoken, online school has been extended till May. This experience has been very unique so far and is unlike anything I’ve done before. COVID-19 has affected my project quite a few ways. The main thing this virus has affected is my ability to meet up with my team mates. For the safety of everyone’s lives, we must stay inside and practice social distancing. Social distancing has become even more important since the last time I was on blogger. Because of this, my team mates and I cannot edit together. I was to take on the editing process for the remainder of this project (since our project is due before May 1st).
     This process has been a little bit more difficult alone. Haylie and Kelly, my group mates, are unable to work with me and actively participate. The process is also taking longer than it did before because it is just me doing all of the editing. Because I am the only one with the correct editing software I of course would edit the movie. Not only does the movie have to be finished but we also each have to do our reflection questions. As if this situation was not tricky enough, the reflection questions must be answered in a 12-15 minute video, fully edited and filmed individually. I now have to not only edit a two minute video by myself, but I am also responsible for answering very important questions in a 15 minute video that must also be fully edited. This has definitely contributed to my stress. I just have to remind myself that this is very new to the teachers, students, and everyone in my community. Blogging this process is important because this has never happened before and I think it’d be very beneficial to document this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment