Thursday, March 19, 2020

Filming: Put on hold

     After a few more editing sessions, my group mates and I noticed a few more mistakes in our footage. We scheduled to film more of our movie today. However, since we had scheduled this day to film, there has been a virus outbreak. The virus is COVID-19. This is a harmful virus (deadly in some cases) that has affected the lives of many people. This virus has caused schools, restaurants, beaches, and much more to shut down. My dad was told to work from home until further notice and my school will be closed until mid-April. Due to the severity of this situation, my group mates and I were not able meet up and film. Going back to our filming location could put us at risk of getting sick. Everyone should be social distancing for the sake of our health.
     Not only is this virus affecting my daily life, it is affecting the entire world. Many TV show and movie productions have been put on hold because of COVID-19. Movies and shows often film in different parts of the world. If filming were to continue, the actors would be at a high risk as well as every other person working on the production. Since this is a pandemic, everyone is at risk no matter where in the world they are. This definitely relates to my group and I. We can’t film, much like the people working on blockbuster movies cannot film right now. Not only has production for blockbuster films stopped, but their release dates are also getting postponed. Our movie’s due date has not changed however, our process is still being affected similarly to major productions. As of this moment, all filming days have been postponed. My group and I will prepare with the fact that we may have to work with what we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment