Monday, March 2, 2020

Editing blog: coming together

      My group and I finished filming this past week. Filming is a main element when creating a film however, the editing is what really makes a film. To begin the editing process, I started by putting all of the footage into chronological order. When I say footage, I mean the shots that my group and I decided were the best out of all takes. Once the footage has been put in chronological order, it is time to cut each video. The cutting process can take a very long time. For this project, cutting the scenes wasn’t too bad overall, however, there were some challenges. One of the challenges I faced was trying to make sure all of the shot reverse shots matched up. Sometimes getting two different scenes to align perfectly takes tedious work. Eventually, the shots came together and flowed smoothly.
      The editing stage is also where you can see which scenes are needed and which scenes aren’t. While editing, I noticed our film was too long. Because it was too long, I had to go back and review every scene to see which ones were absolutely necessary and which ones could be removed. There were a few scenes near the beginning of the film that I had to cut out. Although, originally those scenes seemed like a good idea, they are not necessities. Lighting was not too much of a hassle when it came to editing. Sound is another important element of a film. The next step of the editing process will be too work on making sure each sound is leveled out. Sound can get difficult to control which is why a lot of the time it is edited. For my group and I’s film, the audio of the outside scenes will need some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment