Thursday, March 5, 2020

Peer Reviewing

      This week was review week. Each group would get assigned another team’s project to peer review. A different team looked over my group and I’s project. The main focus for me was to look over the other group’s work and fill out some information about their project. The questions were asking about the groups progress and whether or not they are following the guidelines properly. Lucky for me, the team I got was very organized and had their project ready for me to review. I watched it once fully through and then rewatched it. The first time I watched it, I wanted to see the storyline and view it like I would any other movie. The second time I watched it I took notes on the camera angles, shots, and movements I saw. I also focused on what transitions they used in the first two minutes.
     Once I finished taking notes, I focused my attention to the worksheet. I answered the questions based on facts first. I had to put whether they had certain camera angles and/or movements. If they did have it, I had to put at what time in their video the angle or movement appeared. There were also a few questions about the order of the titles. After I answered all of those types of questions, I moved on to the more opinionated questions. What I really liked about the group’s film was their use of camera movements. The tilts really helped enhance the feeling and mood of the film. The camera movements also helped the scenes flow together nicely. Overall, the peer review was very beneficial because it showed examples of how different camera shots can be used and executed. This part was also fun because we got to watch our fellow classmate’s act.

No comments:

Post a Comment