Thursday, March 12, 2020

Reshoot: Making changes

     During each of my editing sessions, I took notes on what needed to be fixed. In the very first inside scene, I noticed you could here faint voices in the background. At the time, the voices did not seem like a problem because the people were so far away. However, once I was looking back at footage, I realized how well the voices carried through the building. In some of the later scenes where there is dialogue, construction from outside can also be heard. This meant that we would have to film those scenes again. Starting this project, my group and I figured we would have to reshoot at some point. Because we were prepared, we were able to schedule a day to film again easily. Earlier this week, my group and I met up at the same filming location to began reshooting the scenes. We came in the same costumes as before and did our make up the same.
      The first scene we decided to film was the very first inside shot. This scene was pretty easy to reshoot because it was a starting scene. A starting scene meant that we did not have to worry about the shot lining up with the scene before it. This made recording that scene less stressful. The next few scenes we had to reshoot were a little more tricky. The next shots were going to include dialogue which meant the characters would be filmed back and fourth using shot reverse shots. It took some time getting each actor into an almost identical position as the first time we filmed. Once the actor was in the correct place, we were able to get those scenes perfect. The process for reshooting was much faster this time. Reshooting these scenes will improve our film and allowed us to fix our mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment