Monday, March 16, 2020

Re-edit: the next step

      My group and I had to meet up again to reshoot certain scenes. Doing the peer review helped my team and I realize what we needed to improve on. It gave us an audience’s perspective of our film. Since that feedback was given, we filmed again. We now have all of those scenes complete. It’s time to go back into the editing process and put everything together. One worry was that the new footage would not align seamlessly with the other clips because it was taken on a different day. I replaced the footage that had excess noise with the new footage. Luckily, everything fit perfectly! Our reshoot was a success and now the editing process can continue.
      I cropped each of the clips and put them in there correct places. All of the clips were now set in chronological order.  The next thing I did was add the instrumental music. Choosing the right music is important because it creates the mood. An instrumental alone can make the entire audience feel scared, sad, or happy. Finding the perfect instrumental was more difficult than I thought. There were many options however, only a few went with the scenes. After some major searching, we finally found the right instrumental. I added the music over the footage and began evening out the sounds. Sound editing takes time but it is vital.

No comments:

Post a Comment